The ULTIMATE laptop
Every once in a while a client with high end computer needs, deep pockets and very little time to shop calls me up and says, “I need a new laptop. Get me a good one, that will last 4 years, run very fast and do everything I need it to… oh yeah…and I need it yesterday!” I love those calls.
Basically, I am given the green light to “go big” and customize the “Ultimate Laptop.” Here is what I chose this time.
ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook
Here is why I chose this one.
- Its an IBM Thinkpad, the leader in business class laptops for as long as I can remember.
- It allows for the use of a docking station (Port Replicator) to extend the capabilities for more plug in devices and extra monitors. This particular one comes with a port replicator option that allows for TWO external monitors, USB 3 connections and a Gigabyte Ethernet.
- Its lightweight… under 3lbs!
- It uses a SSD as its main hard drive. This means it is super fast and starting, shutting down and opening you programs (Like Outlook!) We chose a 256 GB Internal drive and a 750GB USB3 External drive.
- It comes with an Intel i7 3.2 Ghz processor. This is some serious horsepower.
- I can order it now (Sept 2012) with Windows 7 Professional and get a free upgrade to Windows 8 when I am ready for it (which means in about 1 year when the bugs are all worked out).
- It has a 14″ HD LED Backlit display. Not too big, not too small. 1600×900 dpi means it has great clarity.
- It has a 720 HD built in camera (great for web conferencing) and built in mobile broadband…if you don’t tether your iPhone for your laptop internet, this is the next best thing.
- We added a 3 year FULL protection warranty for under $200 that covers accidental damage and next day ON-site hardware replacement.
Final price after tax, (free shipping) and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional came to $2700.
If you want, fast, lightweight, packed full of features, dependability and style, this is the one to get.
Read more about the IBM Thinkpad X Series at shop.lenovo.com… or do what Michael in Newport Coast did…. Call us and we will take care of the shopping for you. We love this kind of stuff!